This project is read-only.

WCF vs. SSB

May 7, 2009 at 8:00 AM
Can I compare SSB to WCF? What are the benefits of using SSB vs. doing the communication with WCF (and using an MSMQ adapter for example)?
May 7, 2009 at 7:43 PM
That is a huge question - my initial gut feeling is that if you aren't sure which to pick, pick WCF - Aync Messaging and Request/Response RPC are pretty different animals. If you are interested in the subject, here is some reading:

http://www.udidahan.com/

The last link is a link to another reading list, and a good one at that.

May 8, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Sorry, I realized it was a huge question. I understand it's different technologies, but I'm developing this system where I'm looking for a good communication "bus" between the different components and SSB seemed very good. But of course I could just send the messages using WCF (even via MSMQ if I want to) and I would "solve" my communication. I guess what I was looking for is more along the lines of what benefits of using SSB. I could probably even stretch it to say what are the befinits of using a Service Bus, or even to the point of, what is really the difference between using SSB (for example) where you write into remote queues and the messages get distributed that way - compared to using WCF to do the same thing? Maybe my question is, what made you decide on SSB (or nSB) compared to other technologies? What feature was it you needed to solve for?

I'll definitely look at the links you provided, thank you very much.

/Hakan