Subscribe the same message type from multiple publishers

Mar 18, 2009 at 4:44 AM
I'm very new to SSB, so this might be a simple question.

I have one or more subscribers that need to subscribe to the same massage type from a farm of ten front end web servers.

I've been having a look and it does not seem that this is possible?  The list of message types vs destination is held in a Dictionary<System.Type,string> collection which would not allow multiple destinations.

Or do I need to get the front end servers to send to a central proxy and have all the subscribers subscribe to that service, not to keen on this idea.

Cheers,

Stephen. 
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Stephen, it looks like your question on the NSB mailing list received as good of an answer/discussion as I could provide. The bottom line is that such a scenario most likely has preferable architectural approaches, and therefore, like NSB, SSB doesn't support it.
Developer
Jul 8, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I know this post is over a year old, but in case someone else has the same question these days....

One approach is to use ActiveMQ or another JMS compliant broker under SSB. SSB now contains an adapter to utilize ActiveMQ as it's broker. JMS compliant brokers support this scenario natively through topics.

-T