This project is read-only.

ServiceBus samples

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I am using the samples from the download, and the samples work fine when running locally.I want to test the endpoints where I am running the SampleMonitorService on a server, and the SampleManagedEndpoint on a client machine. I have not been able to figure out how to send a message from the server to the client.
I have MSMQ running on the server, with the following queues: endpointmonitorservice, managedclient, and monitorclient

In the SampleManagedEndpoint configuration I have changed the returnAddress attribute to managedclient@servername
Is this the right format? I have also tried servername\queuename but that doesnt work either as i get an error when i run the SampleManagedEndpoint

Does the client need to have msmq installed aswell? and is the returnAddress attibute the right property to modify?

Many thanks

Feb 20, 2009 at 8:12 PM
Yes the client needs MSMQ. Also, you do not need to change the Return Address to managedclient@servername, but the Destination Address when registering a message assembly. Return Address will always be defined relative to the local computer, and will construct the queuename@machinename format on the fly. 

What i mean is that on your client, you will 1. need to install MSMQ and set up a transactional queue that matches the name found in Return Address and 2. In the config for that client you'll need to register a message assembly pointed at queuename@servername where you expect those messages to be delivered.