This project is read-only.

Lets not let such a great library fall through the cracks

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Hi All, I'm new here so I will like to start by saying thanks for your hard work. I have looked at nservice & masstransit, and have to agree that even though they are great fameworks, they seems not to learn towards the plug-in & play model to easily facilitate Enterprise Integration patterns. I think its easy to just pick up something that works for today but might not work for tomorrow or require a decent amount of rewrite. I am glad I found simple service bus and will like to contribute to it if possible with direction and guidance from the community. Coding is not a problem for me but having a concrete plan as to what feature is important, when to release it and possible road map of the project is very important to direct the effort people who want to contribute. Please let me know if the major contributors and owners of this project are interesting in keeping the project "moving forward" with re-factoring and addition of new features. You can reach me directly at emmanuelbuah at yahoo dot com. Thanks. 

PS: Another reason I wasn't so sold of nservice was that it only support msmq as a broker which only restricts you to running your bus on windows platform. I was happy to know that simple service bus supported ActiveMQ and will be nice to include other brokers such as rabbitmq etc.

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Hey!

I'm definitely interested in keeping the project alive, I use it in my professional work in production systems. However there isn't a lot of features planned, the biggest refactoring that was discussed was to decouple the Dependency Injection to use a generic library/locator (the Common Service Locator, http://CommonServiceLocator.codeplex.com/). When I picked SSB I liked the fact that it was very cleanly written with lots of interfaces and was pluggable to support other transports than MSMQ. I'd love to see support for rabbit. Let me know if you want to get developer status.

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Developer status will be great. I know project has a reference to the common service locator dll but I asssume its not be used. Looks like struct is being used directly. Will that be the first thing the take on or would you rather we plan out a features and place them in release cycle. I'm also interested in adding a silverlight service bus management client. Let me know how you would like to proceed.  

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Sorry for the delay, the notification email got lost in my Christmas emails :)

I've made you developer on the project. I think the common service locator would be a very good start. But feel free to work on things that makes sense from your perspective, any contribution is welcome!